Wednesday, March 14, 2007

It's all in the angles

LOL, Ian just about passed out when he saw the photo in the last post. I took 3 pictures and that was the one I chose to post. You see depending on what angle I stand at and take the pic, my belly looks totally different. It seems to be shaped funny. Not completely round. So when I take a picture from the side you can see that my belly is shaped like a plateau. It comes out rounded and goes in rounded, but the middle is flat. It's weird, here's the other shot from yesterday so you can see what I'm saying.

Either way, the belly is getting pretty big.
I bought my fat lady bathing suit yesterday, yay! I don't really care how fat I look, I am so excited to go to the water park in April! Mike, Mary and the kids went last weekend and I'm so jealous! It's going to be so much fun! I'll probably spend most of the time just taking pictures, but still, I love it there!
I also got a cute pair of Christmas pj's for the baby at Old* N@vy yesterday for $0.47!! They are so cute and I just couldn't resist for 47 cents!
Scott is supposed to be starting baseball soon. I really hope he plays. The season was supposed to start last week but apparently they've postponed it. Although, Scott isn't the most attentive child so I have a slight feeling that they have started and he just doesn't know it. Hopefully we'll find out something next week. His mother doesn't seem too supportive of him playing, not sure why, but I wish she would encourage him more.
He got his 5 week grades this week. He was failing 3 classes last marking period. This time it's just Spanish. He's managed to bring the other grades back up but only to the minimum. It's so frustrating because he knows the material and he does the work, but he doesn't hand anything in! He does his homework every night and it gets checked and then he goes to school and doesn't hand it in, so he gets a zero. I don't understand how we can get him to be more aware and remember when he's in school. At this point it is no longer the teachers responsibility to ask him if he handed it in. He has to do it on his own, and he just doesn't. It's killing me.
Plus, his mother seems to believe that he should be held back this year. Whether he fails or not. I can see where she's coming from but I think it's too late for that now. If they were going to hold him back they should have done it years ago, not now. Scott is a year younger than everyone else in his class and has struggled with immaturity his whole educational career, but right now the boys his age are all fighting to find their place in their little society and I think that holding him back will hinder this. There are so many factors that go into my opinions and so much more that I have to say, but as the Step-Mom it doesn't really matter what I think. I don't have much of a say. Ian listens to my concerns and opinions, but he has his own as well.
This is sure to be an interesting next couple years for Scott, it is tough for a boy to go from a boy to a young man and these are those deciding years. I just hope that those who love him make the right decisions for him.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: