Thursday, February 08, 2007

Docs and Pics

Today we had another Doctor's appointment. Everything went well. The belly is still measuring on track and I've gained a total of 11 pounds so far. The doctor wants me to gain 30-35 pounds! I think that's a little on the high side for a goal, but we'll see what happens. I'm still eatting good and still gaining so I intend to just let nature take it's course and we'll see where I end up. All the books I've read say 25-30 is normal, I know I'm small but it's not like I was underweight to begin with so I'm not sure why she's shooting for the higher ends.
I go back in March and I have to do my Glucose testing the week of my next appointment. Other than that it was all pretty routine.

Ian and I made our trip to IHOP after the appointment and had a yummy breakfast. Then it was off to Home Depot to get a new shower head for the bathroom, I wanted one with the detatchable handle for washing the baby in the tub. Then we went to Barnes and Noble for awhile and then headed to a local baby store to get some ideas. I'm hoping to go to register on Sunday. It sucks that we have to drive over an hour and a half to get to a real baby store, but I can't wait to go. We shopped around the baby store here just looking for some ideas, but it's really rather small and they didn't have too much and everything they did have was very expensive.

Nothing else is really going on around here. It's been snowing everyday. We have about a total of 3 feet right now. The snow drifts here are crazy! Plowing is really a lost cause because all the snow just gets blown right back into the road. It's so bad that we've actually seen a few houses by us that plow thier front yards to avoid the snow piling up past their doors...seriously! They do. The snow out front is just about over the dogs heads. They have to hop through the front yard. Patches doesn't mind, she loves the snow. Bruno on the other hand is not very happy and will usually only go out through the garage and then he comes right back in.

The baby girl is getting spoiled. I can't seem to help buying her something at least once a week. I try hard not to but it's just so tempting. Today Ian bought her some baby hangers for her closet that he has customized and we got her some of those cute headbands with the bows on them.

Here are a few of her other latest gifts:

Daddy's presents from Vegas


Ian says she can never have enough I Love Daddy stuff.

An Adorable out fit from Ev, Chris, and Baby Chris (AKA her boyfriend)
This is a huge box of clothes that Ev had shipped to us just hours after we found out she was a girl!

And finally the latest belly shot. You can see the dark circles in my eyes, yuck! This shot really doesn't do the belly justice, it's so much bigger in real life!

0 comments: