Sunday, January 20, 2008

The latest


Well, Sami is still not sleeping through the night,...sigh...
She's had a few good nights where she slept 6, 7, 8 hours straight, but they weren't uninterrupted hours. She woke one night and finally soothed herself back to sleep. She's had a couple of days where she's been off schedule so then I feel bad and give into her at night. We really have to come to a sleeping agreement, lol. Last night she went down at 9 pm (she had a late nap so she was up a little later) Woke at 10:30...I gave in and nursed her :( then she woke again at 11:45, but soothed herself back to sleep and slept until 5:30. I got up with her, nursed her and put her back down and she slept until 9am. So it is getting a little better, but we're still not quite there yet. Her normal bed time is 8pm. I've tried keeping her up later so that she will sleep later in the morning (she normally wakes up around 5:30-6:00am to nurse) but the later I keep her up the more she wakes during the night. I don't get it. I guess we'll just keep working on it and see how we do...


In other news....I DID IT!!! I made my very own Mei Tai! And I am so incredibly proud of myself, lol.
It's not perfect by any means...it's definitely "homemade" lol. But I did it! Once I started I just couldn't stop. I was so excited to finish it. I stayed up last night till midnight working on it and was the first one up this morning so that I could try and finish it before Sami woke up, lol. Ian made breakfast and took care of Sami so I could finish working, and Voila...here it is!
I can't wait to make another one. I kind of did my own thing, which was kind of funny since I've never owned or used a Mei Tai, but I've been researching them for a few weeks now and I tried to incorporate the ideas I liked from each of the ones I saw. There are a few things I will do different in my next one, but over all I love it!

Here are a few pics. Let me know what you think...

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: