Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Name, name, names

So I think that we finally have it. I know things could change once I see the baby, but it was really bothering me that we didn't have a name picked out for this new little one...so here it is....
Jillian Rose
She will have the same middle name as her 1st and 2nd cousins, but it just fits so it's going to stay. I feel relived that we have a name that we agree on and we both think is beautiful. Our little Jilli Bean (my nickname for her, lol) has been very active lately, so much so that I almost started freaking out the other day cause she was actually calm and quiet. I swear in the beginning she didn't jump around as much as I remembered Sami moving, but lately...she's a "little acrobat" as my OB put it.
At this point in the pregnancy I have gained 2 pounds less than where I was at with Sami in the same week. Kind of hard to believe cause I feel like I'm bigger this time around, and I have insatiable hunger all the time. Seriously, I'm always hungry! Ian is a little upset because I never have left overs when we go out to eat now, lol. I used to take a few bites, eat maybe half of a meal and that was it...not these days! Mama wants to eat! And have dessert! Well, no dessert right after dinner, but about 20 minutes or so, I'm dying for some chocolate cookies and a big glass of milk.

Sami has been doing great with her letters. She knows 95% of them by sight She can't seem to get a handle on G and J and W (although she will make a sound that is somewhat like a W, but she can't pronounce "W". She says "Eee" for A, but then will say it correctly after you tell her A. And she says "M" for N.
S and K are her favorite letters. I love that she's learning so fast and I'm so proud of her, but now, where ever we go or where ever we are she spells EVERYTHING! Every sign she sees she yells out the letters! It's so funny, but then when I'm trying to do something on the computer real quick she is climbing all over me screaming "S! S! S! TTT! Kay! B!B!B!B!B!" It's crazy, hahaha. She loves her letters.
Her other big loves these days are Elmo, she L.O.V.E.S. him. and Tigger too. She can be found saying any of these things about a hundred times a day, "Oh, no!" and "Oh, maaaannnn!"(thanks to Swipper) "Peeeezzz" (Please) "Mama, mama, momee, mama, momee!" "Daddy, dada, daddy, daddy!" "Patchie, Patchie" "Bu-Bye! Buu-Byyyeeee"
She obviously says much more through out the day, but not a day goes by that I do not hear these phrases at least 20 times each...seriously.

Her new snack...frozen peas! She used to love veggies, now for some reason she will only eat canned diced carrots. So I read on another blog about someones daughter who loves frozen peas, so I figured why not try it, and she likes them! So there is nothing better than a snack trap full of peas while Mama's making dinner. I feel like a better mom when she's eating them, lol.

There's so much more to share about Sami, but the days just go by too fast, I wish I could blog everyday, cause there's just so much to share, she's growing so fast everyday!



A really blurry belly shot, but it's all I got, so there ya go.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: