Thursday, January 08, 2009

An update and some pics

So, a pregnancy update. For about a week now, I've been having irregular contractions, shortness of breath, dizziness and heart racing. I've been limited in what I can do without feeling like this and needing to sit down, before I fall over. I never had any of this with Sami, so it's all new to me, and I'm not liking it. I still have a long way to go so this is not looking to be fun. Other than this new development, the pregnancy has been going great with no problems.
Two days ago I got sick. I mean really sick, S I C K sick!! I had some kind of stomach bug that apparently has been going around, but I didn't hear anything about it until after. I seriously wanted to die. I have never been in so much pain. The stomach cramps were unbearable and I spent most of the night in tears. Ian was scared to death that it was something with the baby, even though I tried to reassure him that this was not labor pain. It felt like some one was taking my stomach and wringing it like a wet towel...it was far worse than labor! The next day the pains finally stopped around 7am, and then I was sore and exhausted for the rest of the day. Today I am back at 100% and feel great. It's so weird how your body can do that, but whatever it was I pray that no one I know gets it.
Today I had a doctors appointment. Everything checked out ok, I was a little nervous about the whole contraction thing, but I knew the baby was fine. I have checked her heart rate with our Doppler at home and she's moving around like crazy so I was secure in thinking that all was well. Everything checked out good and I'm as healthy as can be, just need to take it easy and drink lots of water and rest when the contractions come on, the doctors are not concerned, and just want me to relax, so we'll see how the next 4 months go. I think hydration is the key and will help me alot, I just have to be more aware, and keep drinking all day.

Sami and I took a trip to visit Ian at his hotel the other day. We had a great time spending the night with daddy and we got to go swimming, which Sami LOVED and so did I!! The pool was SO warm!! I was LOVING IT!!
It was really great, until Sami decided she was not going to sleep and then ended up in bed with us, and she chooses to sleep horizontally across our heads! So throughout the night we had her feet or face or butt in our faces, so needless to say we didn't get much sleep. Then we all came home the next day and that's when I got deathly ill with the stomach deal...so I'm thinking Ian might not want us to come visit again anytime soon, lol.

Sami has been doing great. She's talking more and more and saying new words everyday. We are actually thinking about starting potty training next week. I think it's too early, but I figure we could try it for a week and see how it goes. If she shows any improvement or commitment by the end of the week then we'll stick with it, but of she protests and just isn't with it then we'll give it up and try again later. I would love for her to get it right away, but I know it's really early and I'm not going to force her into it.
I'll let you know how it goes, we'll be starting Monday or Tuesday, I'm preparing my patients and nerves until then, lol.

Here are a few pics from the hotel:
Sami's beautiful "smile"

Swimming with Daddy

She has NO fear of the water

Sami and Mama
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: