Sunday, January 25, 2009

Guess what...

Sami is a BIG GIRL!!
Ian and Scott built her a new big girl bed on Saturday. No more crib for my baby. Tonight was night 2 in the bed and she did great. She's a little bit unsure about it at first but she's sound asleep in her new big girl bed.
Last night it took awhile to get her down, but mostly I think it was due to her being over tired. With Bro-Bro and Daddy building her new bed and rearranging her room she skipped her nap, so come bed time, she was over due. I held her in her room until she fell asleep then put her in the bed. She woke up around 1:30 and freaked out a little. I don't think she knew where she was. I sat with her for a bit, but honestly she was WIDE awake!! So I started to move closer and closer to the door. Then I stood outside the door. She came running over, and I let her know I was right there and she was ok. I brought her back to her bed and she sat with her books and the light of her rain forest soother. I went back to bed and could hear her "reading" her books and playing quietly. Eventually...around 3am she fell back asleep until 8 am. At 8 I heard her start talking. She loves to talk in the morning. I went into her room and she was sitting on her bed with a book and just talking away, lol. So cute!
Nap time today was rough. She normally takes a very long time to fall asleep, so I knew nap time would be tough with the new bed. Once I figured out that her biggest problem was the door being shut all the way, she seemed to do ok in her room by herself. Once she knows the door is closed, she knows she can't open it herself and she starts to have like a little panic attack. So I pulled the door over and left it open just a crack and she was ok with that. It took nearly 2 hours!!! for her to fall asleep. She came out of her room only once and we brought her right back into bed. Eventually she did fall asleep, I think she read every single book in her room though, lol.
Tonight we did our normal routine, brush the teeth, then into her room, she hopped in bed and we read a book. Then lights out and her rain forest soother on and she looks through her book for a bit then falls asleep. When I first left the room, she came to the door and I held her hand and she walked back to the bed and climbed in. I kissed her good night again and left the room. She cried for a minute or two then she was fine flipping through her book and then fast asleep with in 3 minutes!

Here's her new big girl bed in her room.

I'm so proud of her making this transition so well. I know it's only been 2 days and things could change at any moment, but so far she is doing SO good! I really expected the worst, which is why I wanted to change her over so soon. I want her to be fully adjusted before the new baby comes. Who knew she would do so well!!

Her proud Bro-Bro

And of course a big cheesy grin!

0 comments: