Thursday, May 24, 2007

38 Weeks

Posted by Picasa
So every doctor visit is an adventure these days. Last two weeks the fundal height has been measuring under as far as weeks go. This is most likely due to the baby dropping since the fundal measurement goes from the pelvic bone to the top of the uterus.
Well, this week, we start the routine...first is weight. We weighed twice and I lost 2 pounds! What the heck! I've been eating non stop and always hungry. How could I have possibly lost 2 pounds? I ate a whole box of ice cream sandwiches this week! LOL
So we move on and the doc measures my belly. This week it's measuring at 33 weeks! Ugh, I'm 38 weeks! So, we listen to the heart beat..everything's good. The baby is moving fine...we decide to send me for an ultrasound to make sure I'm not losing fluid.
Wait and hour...
Go for the ultrasound, we measure the fluid and check for breathing movements...everything is good. Then we watched her for a while to see her moving her arms and legs and make at least one big movement. She passes with flying colors and they send me on my way.
So, here we are 2 pounds lighter (Now at a 24 pound total weight gain) and no baby yet. I was actually getting really excited because if the fluid was low then we were going to induce today, but no such luck :(
Sorry Mary, doesn't look like today is the day, but it was pretty close to being the day!
Well, it's another 80 degree day here so I'm heading back outside for the day. Wish me luck for a baby soon!

0 comments: