Thursday, May 17, 2007

37 weeks

The appointment went well today. I'm SO happy to have my doctor back!
Gained another pound this week (26 total).
The belly is still measuring small, we've always been a little behind, doc says it's because I'm a small person, just petite. The belly measurement isn't as acurate after 36 weeks anyway, since the baby has dropped it makes it more difficult.
She explained the whole placenta/ultrasound drama to me. Apparently, there are placental lakes. Small pools of venus blood in the placenta. Nothing serious, no clots or calcium deposits, the placenta isn't leaking, no placental previa or abruption. The second ultrasound rated the placenta as a 1. She says they rate them as a 1,2,3 or 4. 4 being old or used up, not good. I was a 1 so that's great. Everything is going well.
She still hasn't checked to see if I'm dialated or effaced, and I still haven't asked her to. I figure the baby's going to come when she comes anyway, so it really doesn't make a difference to me.

Here's the 37 week pic...
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: