Wednesday, October 18, 2006

It's official!

Today I went in for my pee test. I'm pregnant! Surprise, surprise, lol. It took about half an hour to get all my info into the computer and then I just pee'd in the cup and they came back with a slip and said "It's positive, give this to the girl at the desk."
That's it! No questions, no advice, no anything. I didn't even get to go into an office or exam room, she told me in the hallway by the waiting room. Kind of odd if you ask me.
Anyway, I gave my slip to the girl and I go back on Nov. 10th for my first appointment. That's Ian's birthday! I hope we get an ultrasound that day although I'm not so sure we will. All they told me was that the appointment will take about an hour that day. I should be 11 weeks by then so I'm hoping we can get it done. What a great birthday present that would be!

I'm thinking of inviting everyone over for Scott's birthday on Saturday (the 11th) and telling them all. But, I am afraid that it will take away from Scott's day. Being an only child, he likes to be the center of attention and his birthday is the one day that is dedicated just for him so I don't want everyone to be excited and talking about the baby and me and Ian and everything else when we should all be focused on celebrating his birthday and not my pregnancy. Although, I'm sure the presents he'll get would help that too.

I guess for now we'll just wait and see what happens, but I defiantly plan on telling Scott Friday (the 10th) after our appointment. Ian and I have been dying to tell him, but he knew first with the last pregnancy and then we had to tell him that it was gone. I just don't want to put him through it if something does go wrong. The older he gets the more questions he'll have and it's just not something that a 12 year old should have to worry about or deal with.

That's it for today. I can't wait for Nov. 10th!!!

0 comments: