Friday, December 26, 2008

Update and Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone had a great holiday and Santa was good to them...if not, it may be because he was VERY good to me!!
Santa brought me a Nikon D9O!!! I was so freaking excited I had tears in my eyes opening it, I can't wait to really get to use it. I've played around a little, but I feel like I'm starting back at day one, lol. I was so comfortable with the Fuji, knew the in's and out's. Now I feel like I have SOO MUCH more to learn, but I'm ready for the challenge, so wish me luck, and I promise I'll try to share what we get.
UPDATE ON SAMI: was not the Chicken Pox. No sir, no chicken pox at all. It was far worse! Thursday night her rash continued to spread. She slept a total of about 4 hours throughout the night and Ian and I were up all night with her. By Friday morning her whole body was covered in spots and welts and swollen in a few places. Her one eye was swollen half shut and her entire face was one big blotch of red.
I called the doctor back first thing in the morning and they told me to take her to the ER. Ian had already left for work, so I called to tell him we were going to the ER and I lost it and was sobbing on the phone trying to tell him what the doctor had told me. He was about 2 hours away when I called him. I hung up, let Sami finish her breakfast, we got dressed and headed out to the hospital. ( she was acting fine, just itchy and swollen, she looked AWFUL, but was still smiling through it.)
The doctor called the ER to let them know we were on our way. We got in and signed Sami in, and took a seat, 2 minutes later Ian walked through the doors. I don't know how he got there so fast, but I was SOO grateful he did, by this time both of Sami's eyes were swelling and almost shut.
So anyway...long story-short, Sami was admitted and had to stay overnight. Had to have an IV, 3 or 4 rounds of bloodwork, 2 chest xrays, an attempted and failed catheter..horrible!, and they pumped her full of fluids, steroids and benydryl.
Everyone in the hospital came into see her. Mostly nurses, doctors, students, residents, interns, was crazy, but they were good to her, just wanted to learn from her, since no one seemed to have any definitive answers.
In the end, she was diagnosed with erythema multiforme, brought on by an allergic reaction to the augmentin that she was taking for the ear infection. I'm not completely convinced that this is indeed what she had, or that the doctors are completely convinced, but it's the best guess and the only thing we have to go on.
Needless to say, she will not ever be having augmentin again! And now she is much, much better.
During our 48 hours at the hospital, Ian and I talked alot about Sami and day care and me working, and we decided that it would be best for all of us if I left work to stay home with her again. The last 2 months she has been sick every week with something new. I know it's not day care's fault and this is what happens when kids are around other kids on a daily basis, and some sickness is good, to build up her immune system, but...with 3 rounds of antibiotics for her first ever ear infection, and then this, we were pretty much done with sending her back.
So once again I am retired, and staying home with my princess and loving every minute of it.
Ok, that's enough for tonight, lol. Again I hope everyone had a great Christmas, I'll have to do another post for more about our Christmas...another day.
But here are a few pics...the one of Ian and the one of Sami were taken with the D9o
I'm not very eyes are always closed, this was the best Ian could get, after 3 tries, lmao!

My handsome Hubby!

The beautiful princess.

Our, not so little anymore, man.
Posted by Picasa