Wednesday, February 20, 2008

We made it...

Made it to Galveston.
Sami did great on both flights. Even though we planned on being here around 6:30pm last night and due to delays we didn't get in until after 10pm TX time. Ugh, it was a LONG day. The kids did great though.
On the first flight Ian and I were separated. He sat in the first row and Scott, Sami and I sat all the way in the last row, lol. Sami was an angel on the flight and Scott loved sharing her first flight with her and wanted her to sit on his lap to look out the window, even though she didn't quite get the concept, it was cute. She sat quietly and played and just relaxed and sat still.
There was another baby, about a year and a half, that screamed the whole way :( poor thing. Ian kept thinking it was Sami and was coming back to check on her.

The second flight was late at night and she really didn't get any good naps in. She fell asleep just before we got on the second flight and then once we got on the plane there was some security thing and the whole airport was shut down until it was again we were delayed. She woke up just before take off and was a little restless for most of the flight. She did good though. As good as an 8 month old who was up at 4am (OMG, why doesn't this child sleep) could do.

Does anyone else have a child with an extreme fear of those public rest room changing tables? Sami SCREAMS and shakes and is just terrified of them :( it's horrible. I had to change her on the plane in the lavoratory(they have a changing station in there, I was shocked by that) and she was so scared, it broke my heart. She was fine the instant I picked her up but while she was laying there she was crying and shaking and just so scared. In the first airport she was so scared on the changing table that she pee'ed all over! She never pees when I'm changing her and she was screaming and spraying everywhere! Oh, what an experience. Then I feel like everyone is staring at me like I'm torturing my baby, just because I'm changing her diaper.

So, anyway. We got in to the condo around 11:30 last night. Sami fell asleep in the car around 10:30 and was up at 5am...for the day! (oh, and she was up at 11:30, and, didn't want you to think she actually slept through the night, lol.) Needless to say, we're not leaving the condo today until after she's had a real morning nap. This girl needs to sleep!

So that's it for now...I'll try to update/record our vacation when I can. I didn't bring my cable for the camera so you'll have to wait until we get home for some pics :( sorry.