Sunday, December 02, 2007

6 months!!

Wow, I can't believe it's been half a year since my baby was born!! Where does the time go?

I sent out pics to family this week from her 6 month photo shoot I did and they all said 5 month photo shoot, lol. I don't think I'm ready for her to be 6 months yet.

6 months seems like a big milestone. In all the baby mags and books it is the separation of the groups that they categorize our babies in. She's really becoming a big girl now.

We are in Kind*rmusik once a week now and she LOVES it! It's nice to be out and interacting with other moms and babies. There is a baby in our class that is exactly one month older than Sam and she is so tiny! I never thought Sami was big for her age until I met this little peanut. In another class that we previewed there was a girl that was 2 or 3 months older than Sam and they were the same size! Weird. I can't wait to go to the dr. this month to get her measurements. We go on Wednesday.



So as far as her milestones go...


  • She can sit up unassisted

  • rolls both ways

  • is eating solids breakfast, lunch and dinner

  • Has had...Blueberries, apples, bananas, pears, peaches, pineapple, squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, and of course rice cereal and oatmeal, and multi grain cereal.

  • She is just starting to get up on all fours and I assume crawling isn't too far away...we shall see.

  • She is saying Ma ma ma and Ba ba ba ba, but neither of them actually mean anything to her, they're just the sounds that come out, lol.

  • She is finally starting to take two regular naps a day(I'm sure I just jinxed that, lol.)

  • She does not sleep through the night and we've tried EVERYTHING!
  • We've tried Cheeri0s and gerb*r puffs, but I'm not sure she's too fond of them yet. I'm enjoying the faces she makes though.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some other amazing stuff she does, lol, but you've probably stopped reading by now anyway.


She absolutely loves her Jump a roo and her doggies. She just thinks that Bruno and Patches are the greatest things on this Earth and is constantly looking for them and laughing at them. They don't even have to do anything, she'll just look over and see them and start giggling away. It's so cute!


The other night she was having a hard time falling asleep and I tried to let her cry it out, didn't work, tried to nurse her, didn't work. Every time I would lay her down she would scream. So I held her and rocked her in her room (We finally moved the rocker to the nursery) and she cuddled in on my chest and held me tight and fell asleep. My heart grew 10 sizes! Sami is not a cuddly baby. Never really has been. She likes her bed and would rather sleep there than with you or have you rock or hold her, so the fact that she wanted to be held and snuggled was a rare treat for me and I soaked up every second of it!


Then it was back to, "Put me to bed Mama!"


She has truly changed our lives and Ian and I are loving every minute of this little girl. She's our pride and joy and I am forever thankful for her.

This morning I woke up with yet another clogged milk duct and am in incredible pain. This one is WAY worse than the first one and I am praying that it passes quickly, because I don't know how much more I can take. Anyone who has dealt with this...please give advise!!!!



Oh, I almost forgot...


Her first Thanksgiving went well. No turkey for her though :( Not from a lack of trying by Poppy, that's for sure, lol. He was trying to give her gravy and everything else he could dip his fingers into for her to taste.


She slept through dinner which was nice for us because we got to sit down and enjoy the meal with out passing her around. Dinner was EXCELLENT! We went to my mother's for dinner this year. We got to see my aunt and uncle and my cousins that I haven't seen in years! It was really nice to have them all together. One of my cousins. Nick, was recently diagnosed with brain cancer and has just started chemo and radiation. He's only 19 years old!! He seems to be doing well so far, but if you're the praying type, please throw in an extra prayer for him. Thanks.

0 comments: