Friday, November 02, 2007

5 Months!

My little peanut is 5 months old today. I can't believe how fast she is growing. She can sit up now, eat from a spoon, roll over both ways, blow raspberries, she knows her name and who Mama and Daddy are, and she knows her brother too. She is getting so big and learning so much everyday. I am so grateful for the time I have to share with her, she makes my days so wonderful.
Some issues we're still having at 5 months...Napping! She refuses, and is SO hard to put down for a nap during the day. She gets really sleepy after being up for about an hour but will refuse to lay down. I usually put her in the swing and say some prayers that she will fall asleep, but lately the swing only has about a 40% success rate. Other than that the only time she will sleep is if we go out in the car some where, and that is only if she's really tired. She has become really good at staying awake in the car and can even make it upto an hour some times. She sometimes falls asleep nursing when she is refusing to nap, but the second I move her she wakes up and refuses to go back down. I feel like I've tried everything and nothing is working for her. I feel bad when she doesn't nap because then she is just tired and cranky all day and just can't seem to be herself. Any advise out there? How can I get her to nap?

She also doesn't sleep through the night yet. We're stuck at the 6 hour mark. She had a couple really good nights this week, but for the most part its a consistent 6 hours. I think I just need to go to bed earlier. Sami usually wants to go down at around 8 pm and then I don't go to bed until around 11, so while she is sleeping for 6 hours straight, I am only getting a solid 3-4.

She's been exploring more and more foods and is doing great. Daddy loves to introduce her to new foods and she seems to love it too. So far she's had rice cereal, blueberries, apples, bananas, and pears. I have to get working on the veggies! I bought some sweet potatoes and squash to make her this week and I think I might try peas, green beans and peaches too. We are making all our own baby food, with the exception of the rice cereal. It has been going great and is way cheaper and more healthy for her.

Ok, all this talk about food...I have to go start dinner...

I still have a video of Ian to post from Halloween. It doesn't quite top the Nacho Libre from last year, but it's amusing certainly. I tried to upload it yesterday but blogger wouldn't let me :(
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: