Monday, October 15, 2007

Catch Up

So, I just realized that I never posted about Sami's 4 month appointment. She weighed in at 14 pound 3 ounces and a mere 23.25 inches! I think that they measured her length wrong because she was 23 inches at her 2 month appointment. She has definatly grown more than a quarter inch in the past two months. She is nearly busting her toes out of her 3-6 month sleepers and just fits perfectly into the 6-9 months. I don't know.

She recieved 3 shots. Two in one leg and one in the other, and then when we left the doctor's office she fell asleep 30 seconds after I put her in her car seat and she slept for 3 hours!



The night of her shots, she woke up around 1 am to nurse (she still doesn't make it through the night) and when I went in to get her she was burning up! She literally felt like she had been in an oven. I was freaking out! I nursed her and then Ian and I striped her jammies off and took her temp and gave her some tylen*l. She went back to sleep and wasn't acting like anything was bothering her, but I think my heart was going a mile a minute. I couldn't go back to sleep until I knew she was ok so I stayed up for another hour so that I could check her temp again. It went right down once the tylen*l kicked in and I went back to bed. The next day she had 2 more small fevers and then she was fone. Poor thing :(



So...since she's started cereal, she hasn't slept amy different. She still does her usual 6-7 hours and then nurses and goes right back to sleep for another 3-4 hours. Then she wakes up for the day between 7 and 8am and takes a 2-3 hour nap at around 10am.

She doesn't have a real afternoon nap routine. Usually there are a few little cat naps after nursing but no solid naps. Then it's dinner at 6pm, bath time at 7:30 and she's usually out by 8pm. She either falls asleep nursing after her bath or she'll stay up for about 20-30 minutes and then just looks so exhausted that I bring her up and put her to bed. She puts her self to sleep those nights. No crying or anything she just goes right to sleep. I can't believe it!



Last night was a rough night (up every hour!) and today she was pretty cranky and couldn't wait to go to bed. I had to try and keep her up as long as possible


***Ok, so I stopped writing this last night, lol. The laptop battery died and I was too tired anyway. Oh well, now I lost my train of thought.

Sami seems to be more and more fussy as she gets older. Unless I'm holding her or she's eating or sleeping, she's fussing. Unless I sing to her. She wants to constantly be sang to. It's kind of funny, but as soon as you stop she'll start crying. I can't figure her out.

0 comments: